Maranatha Camp ministry exists to present the good news of Jesus Christ to young people from all over Scotland. The camp aspires to nurture and bolster the youth activities of local churches in Lanarkshire and beyond.
We are a registered charity and therefore rely on volunteers and external funding to keep the ministry viable and future proof.
The 50 plus year legacy of Maranatha Camp has been profound seeing many campers become church leaders and missionaries overseas – with all citing the impact of the Maranatha Camp in their journey of faith. If you would like to support a local ministry please consider this one as we have real need!
We provide assistance to underprivileged young people so that they can attend. Please donate if you could assist us in that.
If you are interested in volunteering and are a practising Christian, please contact us.
WE NEED YOUR HELP IN SOME KEY AREAS:
1. Encouraging Young People – please join with us to encourage young people to come along to Maranatha Camp. When forms are available, print one off and put it into a young person hand!
2. Prayer Support – please pray for Maranatha Camp all year round and especially during camp. Check our blog to see what we are doing and so you can pray specifically for all our activities.
3. Financially – the biggest practical challenge facing Maranatha Camp is maintaining camper and leader attendance costs to a reasonable yet affordable price for families. If you would like to help us reduce Maranatha Camp operating costs please email us or approach a Senior Leader who you know.
1. Providing a couple of days or the whole week of your culinary expertise by assisting the volunteers who do the cooking – An army walks on its stomach and so does the camp!
2. Tray Bake – this is a call to all the bakers out there! We always appreciate tray bakes, muffins, Malteser cakes, galaxy balls etc,… If you want to provide some goodies please let us know as it really helps with supper preparation.
3. Practical assistance in transporting the pa and gear for activities or setting up the camp.
The biggest practical challenge facing Maranatha Camp is maintaining camper and leader attendance costs at a reasonable yet affordable price for families. If you would like to help us reduce those operating costs consider making a donation or email us.
Gifts will not only ensure that the cost of the camp is kept at a reasonable level but will also be used to provide a bursary to help underprivileged young people attend.